Sports Injuries and Remedial Massage
A variety of massage techniques enables you to relax, recover from injury, relieve stress and enjoy safe therapeutic touch, through manipulation of soft tissue, at a deep level. It works by increasing the blood circulation to the area, enhancing the flow of lymph – the body’s natural weapon against injury.
- Can increase flexibility
- Accelerates body’s own healing powers
- Alleviates painful problems such as frozen shoulder, sciatica, back pain, repetitive strain injury and muscle spasm
- Can increase range of motion in stiff joints
- Acts as a preventative for future injury
- Can combat the negative effects of ageing
1/2hr treatment £25
Up to Hr £35
Swedish massage is an invigorating, yet relaxing massage. The treatment is carried out on a massage couch.
Full body massage sessions can last approximately one hour. Shorter sessions can be arranged for neck and shoulders, legs, back and arms.
- Can improve circulation
- Remove harmful toxins
- Can relieve stress
- Can boost the immune system
- Stretches and Loosens aching muscles
- Can reduce tension and anxiety
- Improve energy levels
- Can reduce the symptoms of insomnia
- Can increase the delivery of nutrients
1 Hr = £35.00
Hot Stone Massage:
Hot stone massage is a variation on classic massage therapy. Heated smooth, flat stones are placed on key points on the body. They are used to massage certain areas of the body. The use of hot stones for healing dates back to ancient times.
How Does Hot Stone Massage Work?
The hot stones are made of basalt, a type of rock that is rich in iron, so they retain heat. River rocks are normally used because they are so smooth – they have been smoothed over time by the river’s current.
The stones are immersed in water and heated in an electric heating device until they are within a certain temperature range. The stones may be placed at specific points on the back, in the palms of the hand, or between the toes.
The heat warms and relaxes the muscles, which allows the therapist to apply deeper pressure, if desired.
The warmth of the hot stones improves circulation and calms the nervous system.